Probably this is not that exceptional kind of movie that is better than the book it transposes. But in any case it is at least as good as the famous novella A Christmas Carol written by Charles Dickens. Not just that the performance of Patrick Stewart as the odiously ungenerous Ebenezer Scrooge is convincing, but his redemption is interpreted by the same with inextricable enthusiasm.
If I were to summarize in a sentence the essence of this film, I think the best would be the following: the joy of doing good. So not just being a Christian who does good because the Gospel requires it, but one who does good deeds full of the most grateful joy. Can there be a better depiction of generosity? Of love? If you watch this movie, you will certainly be able to confirm it.
- Original title: A Christmas Carol (based on the novella with same title published in 1843)
- Author of the novel: Charles John Huffam Dickens
- Original language: English
- Starring: Patrick Stewart (Ebenezer Scrooge)
- Genre: Fantasy movie
- Release date: 1999
- Public: Adults, teenagers
|A Christmas Carol|